Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Suspended leftovers in time

I am eating leftover Chinese food in the dark, watching the the sun begin its slow ascent over the hills behind the bay. It seems its daytime somewhere else, but maybe still time for more sleep here. Not for me. It's one of the 2 days a week I commute to corporate headquarter. A long, intense drive away from here...through winding roads around the hills at 80+ mph and sudden stops in areas of low-lying fog and dense traffic. Even at 80 mph, cars pass me going 90. Everyone has so far to go so early in the morning.

My baby is cuddling with his daddy. I tried to feed him...wanting the nursing to last as long as possible. Make it to 6 months, the doctore demand. I want to make it to a year, but I'm not sure if getting to 5 months is even possible. The baby barely suckled this morning and I'm not exactly dripping with milk. Do I even bother taking the breast pump to the office this morning?


No comments:

Post a Comment